Liverpool Street to Paddington

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Given your location and the 'station to station' request, do I take it this will be a once or twice only journey?

If so, I would aim for directness and ease of navigation.

Which gives something like London Wall through Smithfield onto Holborn/High Holborn, keeping straight on (as much as you can) along New Oxford/Oxford Street to Marble Arch, still straight on to Bayswater Road, pulling a right just before Lancaster Gate to work your way to Sussex Gardens/Praed Street.

There are literally dozens of refinements you could make, even sticking to that basic route, so there's no right or wrong answer to your question.

OP
OP
citybabe

citybabe

Keep Calm and OMG.......CAKES!!
Thanks @Pale Rider it will be a return trip.
I travel on the trains to Maidenhead a few times a year to visit family and now the boys are getting older and more into cycling they keep asking me to bring my bike with me.
I'm looking for a reasonably straight route just between the two stations

Kies

The thing to remember with Central London, is there are plenty of quieter roads that run in parallel to the hotspots .... Better to use them and keep heading in the general direction you're heading.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Alternatively, and assuming you're not travelling at rush hour, make your way to the Westbound Circle/Met/H&C platform. That will take you on the H&C to Paddington, on the Circle to Edgware Road or on the Met to Baker Street. Edgware Road and Baker Street are about 5 and 10 minutes respectively from Paddington, while Paddington H&C is about 5 minutes walk from Paddington mainline.

Top Bottom