Liverpool to Chester

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

garrilla

Its well signed.

Don't forget to plan in a small diversion to the Eureka Cyclist's Cafe.

Enjoy.

Jonathan M

garrilla said:
Its well signed.

Don't forget to plan in a small diversion to the Eureka Cyclist's Cafe.

Enjoy.

Isn't the Eureka only open on certain days?

Also the OP needs to bear in mind that he may be better taking a ferry rather than following the exact route to avoid the tunnels, as they close specifically for the day so bikes & motorised traffic don't need to share the tunnels.

garrilla

Jonathan M said:
Isn't the Eureka only open on certain days?

Also the OP needs to bear in mind that he may be better taking a ferry rather than following the exact route to avoid the tunnels, as they close specifically for the day so bikes & motorised traffic don't need to share the tunnels.

Yes, you're right about the Eureka, and it is closed on a Tues (what would I know, I only ever go there on weekends)

Opening Hours
Wednesday 8:30am - 5:00pm
Friday 10:00am - 4:00pm
Saturday 8:30am - 5:00pm
Sunday 8:30am - 5:00pm
Bank Holidays 9:00am - 4:00pm

And doesn't the 56 include the Ferry on the route?

OP
OP
BikeShapedObject

BikeShapedObject

Formerly austin-towers
Yes, I'll be taking the ferry route, on Wednesday instead now. I believe you can get onto the A56 at Runcorn though, and follow that road into Chester, if preferred...

yenrod

RedBike said:
Now this is intresting. I've been wanting to ride to Liverpool for a while but I couldn't find a way to get from Runcorn 'across'

Their is a bridge but well rec. to take the pavement path (high-speed road).

Jonathan M

garrilla said:
Yes, you're right about the Eureka, and it is closed on a Tues (what would I know, I only ever go there on weekends)

Opening Hours
Wednesday 8:30am - 5:00pm
Friday 10:00am - 4:00pm
Saturday 8:30am - 5:00pm
Sunday 8:30am - 5:00pm
Bank Holidays 9:00am - 4:00pm

And doesn't the 56 include the Ferry on the route?

Sorry, read it that the OP was going to try & follow the route of the L2C charity ride. Unsure if the 56 route includes a ferryboat or not.

Jonathan M

yenrod said:
Saying online that entry is closed !!!

I've never managed to pull my finger out and do the L2C ride, done the manchester to blackpool and the Manchester 100 in the past, but never done possibly my most local mass participant ride. Due to health probs I'm totally unsure if I'll be fit to enter next year, either!:wacko:

OP
OP
BikeShapedObject

BikeShapedObject

Formerly austin-towers
Jonathan M said:
Sorry, read it that the OP was going to try & follow the route of the L2C charity ride. Unsure if the 56 route includes a ferryboat or not.

Yeah it includes the ferryboat. It's £1.40 each way (bike goes free).

OP
OP
BikeShapedObject

BikeShapedObject

Formerly austin-towers
austin-towers said:
Yeah it includes the ferryboat. It's £1.40 each way (bike goes free).

I stand corrected, it's £1.50 single, £2.40 return. In view of my UNFORGIVABLE INNACCURACY, I've fined myself TEN SHILLINGS and cut off one small toe...

Top Bottom