Locks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Blow I was hopeing to get a Kryptonite New York Fagetabatit chain and lock for my new bike. Are there any other companys that do heavy duty chains and locks for about the same price? The chain and lock would only be for use in my garage, I would use a strong cable lock if I am out and about.

tundragumski said:
bolt croppers make light work of all locks except tough d-locks (for some insane reason sold secure don't test locks against bolt croppers)

The main way to break a d-lock is using a stubby hydraulic jack. This requires some space to be available inside the bars so if you fit it with something - ie. bike frame, lamppost wheel etc it makes life very difficult for the theives.

The Sold Secure ratings are how long a thief will be deterred. They choose an oportunist theft, and bolt croppers sufficiently tough to cut a lock are considered too big to be easily carried and hence excluded.

There is also a tip that the stubby hydraulic jack does not work as well horizontally so if you can then lock the bike with the lock horizontal

In the meanwhile all you need to know and also stuff to give you nightmares!

Carrying two locks is also a good idea, especially if the locks are different -- it means a thief has to carry two sets of tools to break them

Makes it more inconvenient for the thief, which is the only way locks really work

Top Bottom