Locks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jim55

Guru
kryptonite series 2 ,,,20£ ,,,sorted ,,a few locks are a lot dearer and no doubt a bit more secure ,,,but this is pretty good ,,you get a kyrptoflex cable with it and its a "flat "key ,,avoid anything with a "circular key ,,(even better ,,get two )one through the back wheel and the frame ,,one through the front wheel forks ,,krypto for the win :thumbsup:

pepecat

I have three locks (for various reasons) - one of these, also one of these which i put round my waist if i need to take a lock when i'm out on a ride. It's fairly light and would be secure enough for a quick stop into a shop or to the loo.
Also have a big chain lock which is very heavy so i don't use it all that often.
It depends on what you want the lock for - are you leaving the bike somewhere all day, or is it just while you pop into a shop for a minute? Obviously bikes can be pinched in a minute or two anyway, but you don't want something really heavy if you're carrying on the bike with you.
As far as I know, the general advice is that you spend 10% of the value of the bike on a lock. So if your bike is work £300, spend a minimum of £30 on the lock.

Top Bottom