Lon Cambria

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steve_owl

First off - hello!
I'm a bit of a newbie to all this but I'm cycling from Shrewsbury to Aberystwyth mid-July with a couple of friends - can't wait! Does anyone know of any campsites along the route? I was looking for the campsite that is shown on the sustrans map nearby to Dolforwyn Castle but cant seem to find this on the net. Do people usually have to go a long way off track to get a suitable campsite?

Any advice is very welcome!

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
steve_owl said:
First off - hello!
I'm a bit of a newbie to all this but I'm cycling from Shrewsbury to Aberystwyth mid-July with a couple of friends - can't wait! Does anyone know of any campsites along the route? I was looking for the campsite that is shown on the sustrans map nearby to Dolforwyn Castle but cant seem to find this on the net. Do people usually have to go a long way off track to get a suitable campsite?

Any advice is very welcome!

The Sustrans maps only show a few camp sites. There are many more availble. I don't know the specificsa of your route so here's some general advice on finding camp sites

• Have a look at OS maps that cover the route - they will show many more sites
  • Have a look at the Philips large scale motoring atlas it also indicates the presence of more campsite than the Sustrans maps do.
  • Join the Camping and caravanning Club of Great Britain which issues a directory of affiliated camp sites including contact details.

I make do with the motoring atlas.

Proud2Push

The Lon Cambria looks a very interesting route. For campsites, have you tried UKCampsite.co.uk ? They have a map search where you can click on a location and all the sites in their pretty comprehensive listing will be displayed for up to a 20 mile radius. If you then click on a campsite pin, you can read reviews and/or follow a link to the campsite website.

Top Bottom