London to landsend 310 miles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

frank9755

Cyclist
I've ridden it before over three days.
It's a reasonable challenge to do it in 24 hours given that there is likely to be a headwind.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Wow, that's a rolling average of 20km per hour, every hour, without stopping! That seems doable, but factor in rest stops, hills, headwind, fatigue, mechanicals etc, and suddenly that 20kph looks more like 25kph!
Good luck, it will be one hell of a 40th birthday!

OP
OP
Shaun Robinson

Shaun Robinson

Yeah not going to be easy but think I can maintain 18mph as will be riding as a group always Easyer which gives you 2mph extra with no extra effort , awesome way to spend my birthday though :smile:

frank9755

Cyclist
Yeah not going to be easy but think I can maintain 18mph as will be riding as a group always Easyer which gives you 2mph extra with no extra effort , awesome way to spend my birthday though :smile:

Drafting certainly helps but it's actually hard to do a long-distance ride in a group all the way. People tend to have their own rhythms, their good and bad patches, and they rarely coincide. If you get really sleepy, you need to stop and rest - whatever others might want - as it's dangerous to fall asleep on the road. People have fallen asleep on bikes and it has sometimes been fatal.

Top Bottom