London to ????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm looking for a tour from East London to somewhere!!

Looking for around 50-70 miles per day over 4 days (3 nights) to loop back to whre I started.

Any suggestions of pleasant routes?

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
Amsterdam. Two days to Harwich, overnight ferry, one day to Amsterdam (70-ish miles depending on where you stay), one day back to Harwich, overnight ferry, train home.

CopperBrompton

Two days to Harwich via a nice route will be about 50 miles a day. One long-ish day to Amsterdam, but with an early start to plenty of time to take it easy. If you don't want another long day back, take the train to Rotterdam and cycle back to Hook of Holland from there (only about 25 miles).

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
I would also suggest Bruges, but via Folkstone. From the east end its a good run along the coast on the first day perhaps splitting this into two 50 mile days (split it somewhere around maidstone/the weald) then ferry to Calais, its around 70 miles to Bruges dead pan flat and very open. So perhaps do that in one day and return to folky on the last day for a fast train home (or a ride if you fancy it).

Alternatively, I'd head to the new forest. Its 100 miles there so perhaps a 4 day ride there and back for you, with a fantastic days riding around the forest itself in the middle. 5 days all in

CopperBrompton

ferry to Calais, its around 70 miles to Bruges dead pan flat and very open.

Flat but very desolate and windy.

Top Bottom