Looking for a good used bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TomL

I really liked my Univega back in the 1980s, and have been looking around for a good road bike preferably used and not a dealer product or someone who is looking to flip one for a profit. Looking for something in the $300-$400 maximum area. Very big frame.

vickster

Legendary Member
Where are you based? This is primarily a UK site but there are some members from $ using lands

OP
OP
T

TomL

I'm in southwest Connecticut; I tried the bicycling forums but they greatly limit posts for new members.

I like the older style Japanese bicycles, looking for an xtra large frame road bike.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I'm in southwest Connecticut; I tried the bicycling forums but they greatly limit posts for new members.

I like the older style Japanese bicycles, looking for an xtra large frame road bike.
Panasonic , Hirame frame sets amongst others can be pricey

kayakerles

Have a nice ride.
I really liked my Univega back in the 1980s, and have been looking around for a good road bike preferably used and not a dealer product or someone who is looking to flip one for a profit. Looking for something in the $300-$400 maximum area. Very big frame.

Hey, Tom, I live in the Maryland/Washington DC area, and bought both of my bikes over the last 8 years (Hybrid Trek and a Bianchi MTB) off of CraigsList. 25% higher now than before the pandemic due to demand, but still great deals if you look around. Best of success in your search.

vickster

Legendary Member
Connecticut is over 300 miles from where I am, but at least we’re still in the same coast. Good luck.

I was thinking of another US poster whose name escapes me

indeed we are. in fact we met once for a ride together. did my best to keep up. he's a strong rider. hope he doesn't mind me sharing a photo
Screen Shot 2022-05-20 at 6.07.26 AM.png

Top Bottom