Looking for a new LBS, Leicester

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Michiel

Well after many months of hoping, praying, sacrificing chickens etc .....
This coming Monday we'll (that's the OH and me), will be leaving Manchester
after eight years and moving down to Leicester!

Of course this means saying goodbye to my LBS, the bike doctor, where I
bought my trek. So the obvious question is... Any recommendations for a
decent to good LBS in / around / or near the LE4 area?

also any advices for places to ride, perhaps clubs (although none too
professional as I only got a hybrid at this moment), or social rides etc.
would be highly appreciated

Cheers!

-M.

Cough - Cyclemagic - Cough

Cyclopathic

Veteran
I've had some experience of cyclemagic and I would recomend them heartily. Good advice, good quality workmanship and non patronising staff who are interested in finding out what you want rather than pushing what they want you to have.
I like Bob Warners on Sparkenhoe St in Highfields as well. He's been there forever and again is a no nonsense, straightforward LBS experience. Incredibly small shop though.
I also went to Halfords once. Shan't bother again except to maybe try and get my money back on the chain breaker they sold me that in fact got broken by the chain. F#*#ers.

Julies cycles (LE2) fantastic range of top quality kit and bikes. Ken, the owner really knows his stuff as he's been in the trade for years, but all staff are helpful. Shop looks quite small from the outside but is actually like the 'Tardiss' when you get in.
Google them to get a feel for the place.

irw

Quadricyclist
Whereabouts in LE4 will you be? There is City Cycles in Thurmaston.

I've only bought a couple of bits there myself since moving here (Unfortunately I don't get the nice discounts my old LBS used to do for me!) but the chap there seemed helpful enough!

Ian

Top Bottom