Looking for Budget lightweight Folder - Urban Lite 2 or 2nd Hand Dahon?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JDG

I'm about to move to a new job in London and my accommodation will be 2 floors up with no storage downstairs so need a folder. Plan to purchase a good quality one with Cylce to Work scheme once in work but would like to purchase a budget one now to get me going and dispose of later, as this could take a while to sort out.

Weight is key so looking for around 12 kg and don't want to spend more than £250.

Have found Urban Lite 2 on Buy Bikes which local bike shop reckons to be better quality than some of the Far East Imports. Another option could be a 2nd hand Dahon, there was one on here for around £210 although I am not on long enough to access the trade post threads.

Any suggestions? Any experience with the Urban Lite 2 and could I put Kenda Tyres on it to improve the ride? Any other sources of 2nd hand Dahons and which one should I go for, could try Ebay of course. In which case what do I need to look out for when inspecting.

Many thanks

JDG

raleighnut

Legendary Member
:welcome: The one bike I haven't got is a folder (or a BMX come to think of it) but there's quite a few riders on here.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Try Preloved and Gumtree as well. Good luck. Folders are one category where sometimes people buy them, have a change of commute or job and need to sell them having had little use from them. So it is possible to find ones in good condition.

Top Bottom