Looking for my First E Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
On another forum someone said, "if you have never had or ridden an ebike, then you will probably be happy with whatever bike you buy, however as you look into them more and more, and experience using it, you will prpbably want or wish that the one you bought had has other accessories or motors, or whatever". In other words, the more you use it, the more you read up on ebikes and become experienced, then of course you would want/wish you had been able to buy something better. This of course applies to any bike user, just ask anyone on this forum who rides a normal bike .

I have no doubt you will enjoy the bike whichever one you decide to buy, and an awful lot of ebikes are made in china but nowadays they are made according to the sellers specifications. Therefore don't be put off buying a chinese manufactured bike.

And you never know, you may get the bug and want to go further than just your commute to work and back. I hope you get the bike you want.

Yup! You never get it right the first time
Bought an ebike to recuperate from an accident, then moved on to converting our pre existing tourers, now on to two new full suss mtbs, and converted them. Magic!!

User269

Uk importer but the bike will be of Chinese origin.

To be fai if their 5 year warranty is true then you should be fine.

Whether it's a British importer, or a British owned company, and regardless of whether it's been designed in the UK or Germany, it's most likely to have benn made in China, along with most other things. And there's nowt wrong with that in terms of quality. If it wasn't the case, we wouldn't be able to afford it.

keithmac

Guru
I agree, Chinese products can be of good quality.

They are built to a price, so if that's high enough and the quality control is stringent then happy days.

If not then you can end up buying rubbish unfortunately.

Top Bottom