Looking forward to August.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
One of my brothers phoned me up last night and I am pleased to say that our getting together in August is going ahead. Two of my brothers are up for it and the third hasn't decided yet. ( His wife can be quite possessive ) . So , we are going to rent a gite somewhere in the South of France and my wife and I will fly to the nearest airport, either Lyon, Nimes , Carcasonne or Toulouse, depending on where we are going. One of them will pick up us and them let the fun begin: good food, good wine, good weather, excellent company and memories to treasure.
I am still planning to go in May with my bike and stay with another brother ( I have four) but on my own this time. Drive down to Newhaven, spend the night there , then ferry to Dieppe and 3.5 hours drive to near Orleans for a few days and back over two days with overnight stop either in Dieppe or Newhaven again.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Can't imagine anything worse! My 3 brothers are quite well spread (S. Wales, N. Ireland, Germany) and this suits me just fine. We didn't fall out, I just don't like them and certainly don't travel to see them.
Glad you have a better relationship with your siblings.

mkmark666

One of my brothers phoned me up last night and I am pleased to say that our getting together in August is going ahead. Two of my brothers are up for it and the third hasn't decided yet. ( His wife can be quite possessive ) . So , we are going to rent a gite somewhere in the South of France and my wife and I will fly to the nearest airport, either Lyon, Nimes , Carcasonne or Toulouse, depending on where we are going. One of them will pick up us and them let the fun begin: good food, good wine, good weather, excellent company and memories to treasure.
I am still planning to go in May with my bike and stay with another brother ( I have four) but on my own this time. Drive down to Newhaven, spend the night there , then ferry to Dieppe and 3.5 hours drive to near Orleans for a few days and back over two days with overnight stop either in Dieppe or Newhaven again.
Hi Gavroche
I've a holiday in Isere dept booked for August. Jist wondering how confident are you of making your August trip? Do your Brothers live in France? If so, do they have any 'inside knowledge' as it were? It will be the first time I've ever cycled abroad so I'm desperate to get there!
cheers
mkmark

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Hi Gavroche
I've a holiday in Isere dept booked for August. Jist wondering how confident are you of making your August trip? Do your Brothers live in France? If so, do they have any 'inside knowledge' as it were? It will be the first time I've ever cycled abroad so I'm desperate to get there!
cheers
mkmark
Hi. I am sorry but it is all off now due to the present conditions. Yes , my brothers live in France but what do you mean by "inside knowledge"?
The lockdown is slightly lifted as from next Monday. People will be able to travel up to 100 kms from their home but each region will be marked according to the spread of the virus.

mkmark666

Hi. I am sorry but it is all off now due to the present conditions. Yes , my brothers live in France but what do you mean by "inside knowledge"?
The lockdown is slightly lifted as from next Monday. People will be able to travel up to 100 kms from their home but each region will be marked according to the spread of the virus.
Hi Gavroche
thanks for the response. Just wondering if your Brothers had more of a feeling of how the deconfinement is working in France than me as an outsider looking in. My heart hopes there is a chance for August but my head says otherwise. Maybe next year...
cheers

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Hi Gavroche
thanks for the response. Just wondering if your Brothers had more of a feeling of how the deconfinement is working in France than me as an outsider looking in. My heart hopes there is a chance for August but my head says otherwise. Maybe next year...
cheers
Their feelings, to be honest, is that the government doesn't really know what it is doing and colour coding regions from green to red isn't going to work as the virus will travel faster now that people will be allowed to move up to 100kms from their homes. It may be safer for you to postpone your plans till next year.

mkmark666

Their feelings, to be honest, is that the government doesn't really know what it is doing and colour coding regions from green to red isn't going to work as the virus will travel faster now that people will be allowed to move up to 100kms from their homes. It may be safer for you to postpone your plans till next year.
thanks for the advice hope your plans work out for next year too.

Top Bottom