Loose spokes in new wheel 20"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Old timer

Über Member
A friend of mine was let down by someone who wanted him to buy a cheap folding electric bike for them with his discount code. anyway he offered it to me at a real good price to get back his money. It was still boxed and had not been out of the box or even opened the box so I know it came that way from China.
I put the bike together (10 mins) charged up the battery and everything seems fine except for a run out on the back wheel. I inspected the wheel and there are a couple of loose spokes(really quite loose). I`ve ordered a multi fit spoke key from SJS and read a couple of articles with regards to wheel truing. I`m hoping when I get down to it I`m gonna find that the wobble is right where the loose spokes are(fingers crossed) It`s obvious that this bike was packed and never looked at so it can`t be road damage.
From what I gather marking the loose spokes with tape or something is a good idea so that you can go backwards.

I want to try to do this without taking the electric hub wheel out and just spin it in the frame. It`s about the only thing I haven`t tackled on a bike so want to try it.

Any extra little tips or tricks that might prevent me from cocking it up or make it easy??

Thanks

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
mickle said:

Hmmm....

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@cyclorama.net and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Pity, as my SMGTe has taken to developing loose spokes on the little 20 up front. I'm tightening them near arbitrarily at the moment, which seems to work but has given me an odd twitch in the bars for each revolution...

Top Bottom