Lost another of my 9 lives last night.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
Unfortunately any driver who is honest will admit that holding a conversation even hands-free is as distracting as when holding the phone; the human brain cannot hold a discussion and do the calculations required for driving simultaneously. Even conversation with somebody in the car is almost as distracting. At least with hands-free drivers don't need to look at the phone.

Drago

Legendary Member
Hands free reduces ones reaction times akin to those of a drunk driver. On a handheld the reaction becomes much worse with the added element of reduced physical control.

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
Yes what really irks me about last night's incident is that the idiot could have wiped me out or changed my life and probably wouldn't have been that bothered; if he's happy to charge through a busy village very visibly talking on his phone he probably isn't the most intelligent or imaginative specimen of human scum.

keithmac

Guru
I had a Pullmans bus do the same thing a few weeks back, he didn't even have a phone in his hand as an excuse just shite driving..

Everytime I approach a roundabout I have the brakes covered and make eye contact with the drives but even this isn't enought sometimes..

Blue

Legendary Member
Watch their front wheels for the earliest possible indication ofnehat the vehicle will...or won't...do.
That tip takes me back to when I was learning to drive some 45 years ago. An older colleague gave me that tip to help deal with other drivers giving erroneous/no signal as they approached my position at a junction. I took the tip on board and it has saved me from a few possible collisions over the years since.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Sat nav on Windscreen is the other..
Some are so feckin thick they don't see the danger of having the device in their front vision area..
I've seen so many..

And a complete nobber who thought hanging his suit jacket on the front easy out handle was a good idea..unbelievable, when I got off my motorcycle and told him You won't see a bike car or pedestrian out of your window... he looked at me gone out, he really didn't get my point..

Top Bottom