Lots of hiking !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Zipp2001

Veteran
With all this social distancing right now and my wife and I both being laid off, we have plenty of time to go for a hike. I've been starting my days off weather permitting riding the trails by my house for 2-4 hours. I would then come home and shower and eat, then go out for a hike with the wife for 2 hours. Today the weather wasn't looking good so I didn't go bike but went out with the wife instead before the rain started. We were only out for 1 1/2 hours then the rain started but it was fun. In all the time hiking we saw 3 people but were never closer than 300 yards. Hope everyone is staying safe.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zjgpt-DU_Ak

Dave7

Legendary Member
In the UK we are supposedly limited to one hour per day and that should be, if possible from home.
Lots of people push those limits and can show their reasons which suit them ie me and MrsD walked for 2 hours 15 mins today but set of early.
No idea where you live but it sounds remote. Where I live, after say, 0930 its very difficult to keep the required social distance so we (and other walkers) are constantly crossing roads to avoid people.

OP
OP
Zipp2001

Zipp2001

Veteran
In the UK we are supposedly limited to one hour per day and that should be, if possible from home.
Lots of people push those limits and can show their reasons which suit them ie me and MrsD walked for 2 hours 15 mins today but set of early.
No idea where you live but it sounds remote. Where I live, after say, 0930 its very difficult to keep the required social distance so we (and other walkers) are constantly crossing roads to avoid people.

I do live in a pretty remote area, that has seen an increase of people coming to this area to get outside. Most people are staying about a one mile radius of the lake, they don't venture off on the dirt roads much. This hike was an early morning one with rain moving in so we though we would check out the area where most people go. On a nicer day I wouldn't even go near this area. When I go ride the trails they are about 800 yards from my front door. I stay away from the roads and head deep into the woods where nobody else is going, so I'll do a 3-4 hour ride and see no one.

Top Bottom