Lovely view

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafflycat

My dear husband & I went out for a short pootle on the bikes this morning. What a lovely view I had! Husband cycling ahead of me. The sight of his fine rear end clad in cycling attire was a joy to behold. He has a lovely rear end! PPHHWWWOOOARRRRR! :tongue:

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I went to a Ballet last night - Swan Lake.

Does anyone agree with me, that male ballet dancers look so much more elegant than female ones?

It seems to me that the strength and agility required, it looks better when men are dancing than when the females are dancing. The men seemed to have the more "fluid" and "natural" actions, while the females seemed to make it look like it was really hard work to dance like that, as swans some of the time. Also because the females had their feet flat to the floor so often, it made their legs look inelegant.

Two of the men wore black tights, much more flattering than the white ones the other male was wearing. Their posture and body language IMO was much better than the females. This was the Vienna Ballet Company, not the Upton Littlehammer ensemble. Perhaps I should see "Romeo and Juliet" next time, better ratio of male to female ballet dancers?

Does anyone have any observations to make?

Speicher said:
I went to a Ballet last night - Swan Lake.

Does anyone agree with me, that male ballet dancers look so much more elegant than female ones?

It seems to me that the strength and agility required, it looks better when men are dancing than when the females are dancing. The men seemed to have the more "fluid" and "natural" actions, while the females seemed to make it look like it was really hard work to dance like that, as swans some of the time. Also because the females had their feet flat to the floor so often, it made their legs look inelegant...

Does anyone have any observations to make?

Slightly OT Speicher but have you seen any stuff by DV8 Physical Theatre, or the Cholmondeleys & Featherstonehaughs? That's interesting body action!
I'm no expert but I was impressed when I saw this stuff on the 'SimonCC' (probably on Late Night Line Up ar something equally ancient :smile:)

Speicher

Vice Admiral
wafflycat said:
My dear husband & I went out for a short pootle on the bikes this morning. What a lovely view I had! Husband cycling ahead of me. The sight of his fine rear end clad in cycling attire was a joy to behold. He has a lovely rear end! PPHHWWWOOOARRRRR! :evil:

I think we ought to arrange for the Austrian male ballet dancers to meet with your husband, so that you and I can compare and contrast their best features.

I bagsy the tall (est) dark-haired ballet dancer, we will have to discuss the assets of other two in greater depth. :tongue: He's not ever so tall, I prefer men not too tall - 5' 8" will suffice. Does seem to have big feet, tho, which is puzzling :smile:

How tall are you Wafflycat, not 5' 10" ?

Top Bottom