loving it

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jason swan

Regular
Hi guys/girls . Just wanted to say i'm loving this cycling lark. Out today for my 3rd time in 3 days , not big miles granted (7 mile a day) my fastest so far being 33 mins 14 secs . Wish i started it sooner. Used to run 4 or 5 days a week but it was always a love/ hate relationship with running and never really looked forward to it but done it through need. I am most definitely quickly becoming addicted and cant wait to get out again^_^

MrB1obby

Hello! This sounds exactly like I was a couple of weeks ago, although for the past few days haven't been able to get out due to new years palava:angry: I can't wait for my ride tonight, just hope it's not raining!

stu1903

Über Member
Glad you are enjoying cycling Jason. It's bloody addictive ain't it!

Don't worry about only doing 7 miles at the moment, it's 7 miles more than you used to do! Gradually build the miles up as you become fitter and most of all ENJOY it!

BlackPanther

Hyper-Fast Recumbent Riding Member.
Hi guys/girls . Just wanted to say i'm loving this cycling lark. Out today for my 3rd time in 3 days

I used to do a lot of running. Well I say a lot, I used to go mental and go for 90 minute runs in the Summer and pack it in when the weather got bad. That, combined with playing squash just about destroyed my right knee cartilage. I'd given up on exercise until I started cycling to work. It's a 23 mile round trip to work. I started twice a week, but within 2 months I was doing 5 out of 5. My knee, whilst not 100% (and never will be) feels a lot better for the exercise, I've lost a stone, and my stamina level is off the chart!

Now it's 2 years later, the bike has got a lot lighter (and more expensive) and I ain't never going back to petrol power. I keep my £35 per week petrol/running cost savings so I don't feel guilty about spending on bikes.....in fact I'm just looking for my first recumbent racer which is a very very expensive bit'o'kit!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Welcome from a forum nut case...

Just ride - you will have fun, and have a smirk if you commute. Weather - no problem - just kit choice - just ask.

Keith Oates

Janner
It's a good addicton to have and I hope you never lose it, then you can look forward to years of fun and pleasure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
you will soon have a garage or shed with loads of bikes and associated parts in then you will be as addicted as most other cyclists , so well done

Top Bottom