Low blood sugar?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tynan

Veteran
I'm not a doctor but there's something wrong with you, something serious if a 15minutes downhill cycle makes you feel ill

Let's hear what the real doctor has to say

A tapeworm like a python is my wild guess

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
His Doc appointment was today.

You Ok, Bianco?

OP
OP
B

bianco

Yeah, it went ok thanks

The doc didn't seem to concerned I was shaking like a junkie after cyling there, and he also didn't seem concerned about my high calorie diet.

He measured my body fat % at 4%, height at 171cm and weight at 56.2kg and said I'm as healthy as a horse.

I've got a full blood count and fasting(?) test on monday because they want to run some further tests.

Thanks for all the information guys, I'll keep you posted.

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
I really do feel ill if i don't eat right. no problem with putting on weight though.

I eat a diet aimed at folk with low blood sugar problems which is what i got. good mixtures of carbs and protein, and avoidance of high sugar foods(generally speaking processed foods) works fine for me.
I avoid sugar at all times, so no cakes,biscuits or sweets. Never drink fizzy drinks as i feel 'high' immediately afterwards, and lousy only a short time after.

Never eat anything processed. Only eat wholemeal bread, brown rice.

since doing this i feel so much better and avoid the sugar spikes i was experiencing before.
And personally speaking 100g of porridge is not enough, and i would faint within an hour as my body was craving food. A good breakfast of 'sugarfree' muesli or a brown chicken/tuna/ham salad sandwich followed by a banana/apple an hour later keeps me going in the morning

I suffered this today on the commute back home although I had been up since 4am.I was really spaced out when I reached Southwark Bridge only to witness a cab driver giving a steward an earful.Reached London Bridge and popped in the Newsagents and bought lots of chocolate bars and stuff including Lucozade.Felt much better after a stock up and the bonk? ddin't bother me again.

Didn't eat enough during the long shift.

OP
OP
B

bianco

Had my blood taken yesterday, nurse did a cracking job, no bruising or anything.

They're testing for thyroid problems, diabetes, kidney function, liver function, anemia and some other stuff, they took 4 small 10ml bottles so that should be enough.

Thanks for advice

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Weights not too much of a worry.

Couldn't get above 9st, till my mid 20s (and I tried)

Now I'm 40yrs old and just about to get down to 13stone again after hitting 14.

It comes on gradually, a couple of pounds a year, a sneak attack, in your late 20s

OP
OP
B

bianco

Hey Gambatte,

Where do you comute to, and what time?

I live in Bramley and if you come home from Sheffield I've probably overtaken you a couple of times.

Top Bottom