Lubricate pedals?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maherees

Über Member
i believe that an irritating creak might be coming from my pedals or BB so before i take the BB apart i'll oil the pedals. What should i use chain oil or WD40?

Drago

Legendary Member
Take them apart and grease them, do it proper like. Depending on the model of pedals you might have grease ports built in into which one syringes grease, which makes life wonderfully simple.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
is it the shoe/pedal interface ? i know spd pedals are known to creak and a dose of wd 40/ gt 85 like stuff over them stops it for a bit , also if the pedal is worn so a groove is on the pedal it can creak no matter how much you spray them .
screw in BB i find can creak where the BB sits inside the non drive side cup so a layer of grease inside the cup can remedy a creaking BB .

OP
OP
Maherees

Maherees

Über Member
I'm hoping it's not a BB or a trip to the LBS will be in order - not something i'd be too comfortable doing. On a ride yesterday a colleague suggested it was the pedals.

presta

Guru
Back in the days when pedal cages screwed onto the spider and there was a removable dust cap over the cone, I had a bung with a grease nipple in it which I put in place of the dust cap, and then pumped grease in until it came out of the other end.

Top Bottom