Lucky cyclist in storm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
To be fair the accident happened in a motor vehicle not whilst cycling.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I don't think I'd be cycling in woods with the wind blowing that hard..
He is a Nutter, though!

Nutter by name, nutter by nature. The winds have been viscious today and my cycling was confined to indoors on the turbo.
Oo the empathy.
Do you know high the wind speed was when the tree fell?
Sometimes trees weaken and then fall later.
I narrowly escaped death by tree years ago.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I once went cycling down Ardmore forest in a gale. The trees were sitka ready for harvest so pretty big. The noise they made was amazing but what was more amazing was somebody camped off the track among the trees.:wacko:

classic33

Leg End Member
Sometimes they do but the winds today weren't exactly light and it's not like they weren't forecast.

Empathy is an emotion I do not possess, it's completely alien to me, but I believe I understand the concept of it. Even if I did possess the empathy emotion I wouldn't waste it on idiots.
It was worse earlier on, with the wind dropping early afternoon.

DRM

Guru
It was bad up here, I had to go into Leeds and the gusts made it difficult to walk, apparently they were at Apperley Bridge which is on the border of Leeds & Bradford, not too far from Leeds/Bradford airport, or Yeadon, it’s a very open area, not my idea of a fun bike ride in this weather, especially in woodland

Mike_P

Guru
Falling trees all day long; roads full of bits of trees, really doubting whether its worth a cycle ride tomorrow in the lull as the chance of not having at least one visitation by the P fairy must be very high.

Top Bottom