Lucky escape

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Colleague and close friend knocked off this morning on way to work.

Car travelling in opposite direction turned right, across his path. He hit front near side wing and him and his bike went over the bonnet, landing head first in road.

Taken to Hospital on spinal long board. Fortunately after examination, injuries are grazing and soft tissue. Bike did not fair as well.

Take care out there!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Ouch.. glad to hear he is ok.
Happened to me last year....

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
Bad one, glad he's ok.

Was it still dark when it happened ? Just wondering as motorists seem to be struggling a bit with the dark mornings.

Eek! Not good. Glad your friend is ok-ish.

I assume you and your friend are aware of the processes folloing such an incident? If not there are plebty of knowledgeable people on here (more than me!!) that could help.

Best wishes for his and his bikes full recovery!

Origamist

Legendary Member
Sorry to hear about your mate - hope he heals up quickly and goes through the appropriate channels.

When oncoming traffic turns right across your path it happens very quickly due to the closing speeds of the vehicles involved and this makes it harder to avoid the vehicle as you have very little reaction time and less escape options.

Apologies for the repost of this film, but it demonstrates what I mean:

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrksX3uMvfg

OP
OP
addictfreak
Eek! Not good. Glad your friend is ok-ish.

I assume you and your friend are aware of the processes folloing such an incident? If not there are plebty of knowledgeable people on here (more than me!!) that could help.

Best wishes for his and his bikes full recovery!

We are covered insurance wise when we travel to and from work. Our union solicitors will take up the case.
His partner is also a solicitor. So the motorist could get both barrels!

nilling

Über Member
Same thing happened to me last month. I hit the rear of the car, my bike stopped and I went airborne. I landed right on my head. I have no idea what my hands were doing during all this! It can take up to 48 hours for all symptoms to show. My gfd is a sports injury therapist so i was in good hands :smile:

Bike was a complete right off. RIP Ribble 531. Compo claim in.

Hope your mate is feeling ok.

Top Bottom