Lucky Gloves

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
So, I leave the house this morning, and I'm across the main road, and less than a minute from my front door, when I realise that I am not wearing my gloves.

I bought these gloves this year when it started to get warm. Winter was departing, spring was cold but sunny, and I was looking forward to a good summer. I decided on a pair of fingerless with a mesh-type back (not a string back, but not solid material). Anyway, since they arrived we have spent many a happy hour on the bike together. We have shared pain and joy, high speed wind-assisted dashes, and long hard slogs up hills. We've done the commute together too many times to mention, social rides, training rides, and a Sportive. They have protected my palms from blisters and pain, and my knuckles from more serious damage when hitting some railings. We are like Morecombe and Wise, Brighton and Hove, Cameron and Clegg.

So, I'm cycling to work and realise that my hands are as naked as the day I was born. I can't be bothered to turn round, so I carry on. Then it starts to rain. And keeps getting harder. And then I'm a couple of miles from work and I have a tumble. With no gloves to help me, my hands are now bleeding and each brake application hurts my palm. And then I realise I have a puncture in my back tyre.

The moral of the story is; no matter what other temptations are in the way, if you realise that you have left your lucky gloves at home, get off the bike, and walk back to collect them. I can't be held responsible for what might happen if you don't.

mgarl10024

Über Member
Excellent post. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom