luggage solution

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JohnRedcoRn

i've been franticaly trying to fit everything i might possibly need for MTB at penrith tomorrow, into my rackpack. I'm talking waterproof jacket, watrproof overshoes, arm and legwarmers, spare tube, tools, cereal bars, jelly babies, sandwich, phone, spare glasses lenses, eye drops and spectacles (i wear contacts), plasters, keys.
NO WAY was it all going in there, and i'd rather not put stuff in my pockets.

then i discovered that my saddle pack attatches really well onto the side of my back rack, so it has become a mini pannier !

I'm really rather pleased with myself, not least because i didnt want to go out and spend even more money on bike kit (and i dont care for backpacks):wacko::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

OP
OP
JohnRedcoRn

JohnRedcoRn

just to confirm this worked really well. may have looked a little odd but until i can afford yet more bike kit it will do very nicely ; just the right ammount of space for what i need to carry without stuff being either squashed, or rattling around.

anyone else got any amusing 'unconventional' or 'accidental' luggage stories ?

grhm

Veteran
On my old bike I had a bungee that went across the top of my pannier rack - each end attached close to the rear axle. I found that sticking an old kitchen roll tube over the bungee made a good impromptu holder for a small bouquet. Might have looked a little odd cycling home with a bunch of flowers sprouting out of the side of the bike - but the missus appreciated them :biggrin:

D

Deleted member 1258

GRHM I came back from a Sunday club run with a bunch of flowers inside my jacket a few years ago. The expression on the flower sellers face when I peeled of the back of the pack to buy them was worth the purchase on its own, and of course the misses was delighted.

I have just bought a pair of Bikebins, and I came home today with a bunch of flowers sticking out of the top. I always used fabric panniers prior to this, but I am now a convert. The only drawback I've found so far is that the pannier lids tend to drum noisily.

Top Bottom