lunch break ride results in a telling off

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kedab

Veteran
so i pop to my soon to be old abode on my lunch break to check whether or not Game have delivered LA Noire a day early - they do this sometimes but not today - anyway i digress - on the way back from my little 10 minute jaunt i'm doing a nice comfortable pace down the newly surfaced road, replete with a cycle lane which isn't wide enough for two abreast but perfectly adequate. lifesaver reveals a taxi not up my chuff but not more than 12 feet away, look ahead reveals boy and girl and their BSO's emerging from a left turning, on the footpath... they then, while looking at me, bounce down the kerb one after the other, right in front of me in to the cycle lane :angry:

the taxi saw it as i did and backed off, i'd begun backing off anyway but was still going quick enough to coast past and as i passed them, riding in front of the taxi, i say to the lad, 'have a think about it next time eh?!' to which i didn't get a reply, just a look of surprise and then the good old 'stare straight ahead' as they filtered to go straight on at a set of lights - which they seemed to manage perfectly safely and annoyed me even more :angry:

MLC

It probably didn't even register with them what they just did!

I had one on sunday about 200M from home turn left into road to be met with a guy on a BSO riding in primary approaching a more or less blind junction.

All well and good you may say.

Well yes but he was riding Primary on my side of the road!

I was just agape and as the road is slightly downhill I had to swerve out of his way.

My thanks for saving him and me from a crash was a dirty look.

Still no harm done and no damage so I can content myself that next week he will still be a fat chav, with a skinhead, thick neck, dirty clothes and fake silver chain and I'll ....well I'll still be just a little bit fat.

Top Bottom