Lunch Hour = Rush Hour

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisKH

Guru
The problem with Tysons Corner (and anyone who has worked there will know) is that unlike say Washington DC (nearest major city) some of the office conurbations just cannot be reached without a car and it is much more spread out than, say, where I am in London. Therefore unless you actually bring your lunch with you you are rather reliant on the car to get from A to B. Lunch included. Plus for anyone who has been there in the summer, a half mile walk will leave you dripping. Winter can see major snow falls.

jimboalee

When I worked at Jaguar's Engineering Centre at Whitley, Coventry; the subcontract caterers were really taking the p155 with the prices they charged, so I walked half mile to the local ASDA for some roast chicken.
On my way across the car park, I would see some others getting in their cars. Guess where they were going?
At the tills, they were behind me. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

jimboalee said:
When I worked at Jaguar's Engineering Centre at Whitley, Coventry; the subcontract caterers were really taking the p155 with the prices they charged, so I walked half mile to the local ASDA for some roast chicken.
On my way across the car park, I would see some others getting in their cars. Guess where they were going?
At the tills, they were behind me. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Yep, there's people here that drive to the nearest Tesco which is half a mile away by the direct route through the industrial estate or all of three quarters of a mile if you go the pretty way round the lake ..

Top Bottom