M4V (ipod) to DVD conversion...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maz

Guru
Does anyone know how to convert M4V (ipod) files to DVD? What software to use and is it easy to do? Is there any recommended freeware available?
Thanks.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Maz said:
Does anyone know how to convert M4V (ipod) files to DVD? What software to use and is it easy to do? Is there any recommended freeware available?
Thanks.

Sorry mate. I dropped out of serbo croat classes:wacko:

Rob S

Maz said:
Hmmm, you sound confident with your reply. Is this through bitter experience of trying?

I've ripped lots of DVDs to my iPod Classic using DVD Decryper (freeware) to get the VOB files...then using Super (again, freeware) by eRight Soft to transcode to the correct format for the iPod. I have just checked and it will turn most video formats to DVD compliant VOB. Bear in mind I doubt a video from an iPod recoded to a DVD will look very good.

So...try this http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html

Carwash

Señor Member
If it can be read by QuickTime (e.g. .m4v files!) or ffmpeg, Burn will convert it to DVD-video (PAL or NTSC) and burn the disk for you. And it's free as in both beer and speech (GPL).

Jaded

I'd use Toast.

It takes pretty much whatever Video you throw at it. OSX only though.

OP
OP
Maz

Maz

Guru
Carwash said:
If it can be read by QuickTime (e.g. .m4v files!) or ffmpeg, Burn will convert it to DVD-video (PAL or NTSC) and burn the disk for you. And it's free as in both beer and speech (GPL).
Is 'Burn' only for MAC OSX? Is there a PC version?

Carwash

Señor Member
Maz said:
Is 'Burn' only for MAC OSX? Is there a PC version?

From the Burn website:

"Burn - burning application for Mac OS X"

"Requirements: Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later. PowerPC or Intel Mac"

ffmpeg on its own is also free and platform independent; it will handle to conversion for you but not the disc burning. You will need to read the documentation thoroughly though.

However! This looks very promising: DVD Flick is for Windows only, is also free, and claims to be able to convert and burn almost any video file to DVD. If you're running Windows, that might be your best bet. Looks good, easy to use and well-documented. I haven't got a system to test it on though, so let us know how you get on!

Top Bottom