MacBook compatible Ant+ dongle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Ok I’ve became the owner of a cyclops turbo trainer and was thinking of maybe trying out some virtual riding. Anyone got something that works with Apple ? Already got the speed and cadence sensors for my Garmin.

I could of course buy Bluetooth speed and cadence sensors ? Keep the garmin ones on my other bike .

Last edited:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
So you just need a receiver. What Apple product do you want to use it with. Pink Lady ?

Tenkaykev

Guru
I have an Elite Novo Smart Trainer. I use it with a Mac Mini and I use Rouvy. I initially had issues with using Apps which i tracked down to the bluetooth protocol. This was solved by purchasing a USB ANT+ Dongle ( Amazon) Ant+ seems to be a more robust multi channel interface. I was still getting the occasional glitch which I discovered to be caused by the Ant+ dongle being plugged into the rear of the Mac Mini which being metal was partially blocking the signal. I solved this by using a short USB Male to Female extension lead.
Quick edit, I initially purchased an Ant+ dongle from Ebay which would frequently stop working, a bit of research led me to discover that it didn't fully adhere to the Ant+ protocol. The one I purchased from Amazon has been excellent.

Last edited:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I asked, what MAC. Like PC's (Windows) or Android Devices, which one have you got, as older stuff won't work.

As a base level, Zwift works great on a 4th Gen i5 Windows 10 machine with in-built graphics and 8GB memory in HD on 2 screens, whilst playing a movie on the other screen from Netflix.. The PC is about 6 plus years old.

OP
OP
MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
I asked, what MAC. Like PC's (Windows) or Android Devices, which one have you got, as older stuff won't work.

As a base level, Zwift works great on a 4th Gen i5 Windows 10 machine with in-built graphics and 8GB memory in HD on 2 screens, whilst playing a movie on the other screen from Netflix.. The PC is about 6 plus years old.
Sorry it’s a MacBook Pro a couple of years old but running latest iOS

Tenkaykev

Guru
You got a link to the Amazon dongle ? My son has prime so I can get it quick !
I’m on my mobile and for some reason cant paste the address but here is the description:
I should point out that I purchased the bare dongle for about twelve quid, the revised listing includes an extension cable which shouldn’t be necessary if you’re using a macbook with a usb slot in the side. ( My rear of my Mac Mini was on a desk against the wall a far way away from the turbo, hence the my need for the extension cable )
There’s quite a few similar on Amazon

4.6 out of 5 stars 570Reviews

CooSpo ANT+ Dongle Extention USB 2.0 Cable 6.56Ft USB Stick Adapter for Zwift Garmin Forerunner 310XT 405 405CX 410 610 910 Sunnto PerfPRO Studio CycleOps Virtual Trainer,TrainerRoad

Top Bottom