MacMillan London to Paris Cycle (2015)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dibs

Veteran
Hi folks,

I have signed up for this event next year.

This means I have to cycle 300 Miles in 4 days! :eek:

Got lots of work ahead to het ready, but at least I have 11 months to get ready! :thumbsup:

If anyone would like to donate, you can go to my web page

www.virginmoneygiving.com/davidjorourke

:bicycle:

Thanks all.

Last edited:

Cycliste de route

Good luck!

Might have a look at doing this one myself.

Doyleyburger

Veteran
A fantastic event ! Iv just come back from doing the L2P and it was awesome. I booked it with skyline and they are absolutely brilliant !
Every cyclist must do this event in my opinion. I'd do it all again next week if I could

robgul

Legendary Member
... just to be pedantic ... it's Macmillan (no u/c M in the middle)

AND we run, as volunteers, a series of rides raising funds for Macmillan - see www.macride-events.org.uk (we done nearly £700,000 since we started in 2005) - our events would make excellent training rides for the same great cause.

Rob

OP
OP
Dibs

Dibs

Veteran
Well, London to Paris is done for 2015...

Route had to be changed last minute due to Calais strikes, so we rode to Newhaven and got Ferry to Dieppe. Bussed back to near Calais on day 2 to start.

Overall 270 miles cycled from London to the Eiffel Tower...

Great experience!
20150704_155633.jpg

mwktar

Über Member
Actually - if you wouldn't mind I'd love to ask you some* questions about the process/rides etc?

*please note the term "some" here is indicative of a lot of questions :tongue:

Excellent riding and fundraising @Dibs. Did the kid ride with you?

@mwktar just like to point out, you don't have to go with an organised ride to do London to Paris, I did it solo last year (wish I had a selfie to share) and it was a wonderful experience. If you are interested in that option, I'll take the discussion somewhere else.

mwktar

Über Member
Excellent riding and fundraising @Dibs. Did the kid ride with you?

@mwktar just like to point out, you don't have to go with an organised ride to do London to Paris, I did it solo last year (wish I had a selfie to share) and it was a wonderful experience. If you are interested in that option, I'll take the discussion somewhere else.

Thanks for the offer @jefmcg - but it's specifically the Macmillan fundraising, group ethos and organisation i'm after.

Out of curiosity though how many days etc did you do it over? Were you completely alone? What did you do for accommodation etc?

I live in wales so the london start isn't great really, I know there's a swansea to paris but like i said, Macmillan is the charity i'd like to raise for (despite the awesome dates for the Alzheimers charity ride!)

Out of curiosity though how many days etc did you do it over? Were you completely alone? What did you do for accommodation etc?
My partner was staying in a house in Normandy with some friends, so I cycled down to Newhaven overnight (100km ~= 63 miles), caught the ferry. Then had a "rest day" in Normandy, with about 100km pootle. Then the next day I cycled to the Arc de Triomphe (147km ~=95 miles) and then caught a train back to Normandy. It's a quicker route, but a 4 hour ferry trip.

So I was alone, but a friendly bolthole in france.

Anyway, good luck with your fundraising.

We are getting a lot of help from Macmillan nurses at the moment , can not praise them enough even if do hate finding ours in the room when we go in for a meeting with the consultant :sad: so well done and thank you to anyone for supporting this great charity .

Paul

Top Bottom