madison revell

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

midlife

Guru
We sometimes stamped names and postcode, the name was often stamped back to front lol. Have you got an old post or a digital calliper gauge to measure? Its a long time since I used a vernier!

Shaun

OP
OP
spiderman2

spiderman2

Über Member
We sometimes stamped names and postcode, the name was often stamped back to front lol. Have you got an old post or a digital calliper gauge to measure? Its a long time since I used a vernier!

Shaun
measures 27.0mm inside seatpost tube

midlife

Guru
The small reduction in diameter might be caused by the clamp, is it 27mm in all directions and round?

Shaun

OP
OP
spiderman2

spiderman2

Über Member
The small reduction in diameter might be caused by the clamp, is it 27mm in all directions and round?

Shaun
Got a seat post that fits ,on further inspection have noticed the bb bearing has had it .trying to remove the old one going to be a job as its rusted solid.

midlife

Guru
Local bike shop is your friend :smile:. They should have all the right tools. Let them remove the skin off their fingers lol

Shaun

OP
OP
spiderman2

spiderman2

Über Member
Local bike shop is your friend :smile:. They should have all the right tools. Let them remove the skin off their fingers lol

Shaun
maybe that's why the last owner dumped it!

OP
OP
spiderman2

spiderman2

Über Member
Im wondering if anyone can help with my next question. This bike has Huret gears and the lower jockey wheel is damaged and I need to find a replacement .Ive tried a shimano one but dosnt fit as the huret one has a bigger diameter fixing screw.
thanks for any help.

OP
OP
spiderman2

spiderman2

Über Member
latest picture now its been cleaned up
red1 045.JPG

Top Bottom