Maintenance.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maylian

Veteran
So I'm looking to do some maintenance course/s for bikes, I'm not entirely sure if this in the hopes to change career although I can see money isn't great as a bike mechanic working for another company. I do however want to be of a standard that I can fully service mine and help others including some charity work for a local organisation.

I don't drive so courses would have to be quite near and was wondering if anyone had some advice for the Hampshire area or courses in general? From some research there is a Velotech course in Calshot Activity Centre but I have also seen courses in London and Bristol. Although the Velotech is around £300+ there are NVQ type ones that cost up to £1k so quite a large investment.

Anyone have experience of these courses and which are trustworthy and good for a newbie etc? Any help / suggestions would be very much welcome.

musa

Über Member
Isit that you want to be a qualified mechanic or just know the stuff yourself?

Try volunteer in a shop once a week as an option. Free labour in their eyes

lpretro1

Recommend Alf & Teresa Webb's course at the Bike Inn Spalding - you can do a one week course and then go onto a seond week to obtain the C&G if you wish. You don't have to do the two weeks together.

Top Bottom