Making a Video

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Melvil

Anyone got any tips on a good program for making a simple video (albeit with titles, tranisitions etc) - what do you use?

I've got some footage I want to assemble into something vaguely presentable. Any thoughts?

Mel.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I just use Windows Movie Maker, which comes with windows (xp onwards I think) There's the odd thing it can't do, but it'll do titles, transitions, soundtrack, all that...

OP
OP
M

Melvil

I got a mac :-( so can't but cheers for suggestion - I just don't get on with imovie on the mac for some reason. It just doesn't like me.

red_tom

Pfft, avidemux recompiled with your own tweaks, command line only, rendering everything in an ascii animation. ;)

Which version of imovie do you have? '08 changed things quite a bit (even easier to use but missing some features - slow motion, plugins etc). I found Final Cut totally bewildering but then I'm no AV master.

OP
OP
M

Melvil

red_tom said:
Pfft, avidemux recompiled with your own tweaks, command line only, rendering everything in an ascii animation. :becool:

Which version of imovie do you have? '08 changed things quite a bit (even easier to use but missing some features - slow motion, plugins etc). I found Final Cut totally bewildering but then I'm no AV master.

Not '08! The one that came with Tiger, I think.

Top Bottom