Manchester to Blackpool Ride Video

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi all

Completed the 63 mile Blackpool to Manchester ride on 10 July. My normal daily touring distance, but my first charity event with lots of other people.

Had a great time and planning on doing similar rides in future but going to treat myself to a road bike instead of using my heavy duty tourer.

I managed to get three colleagues to cycle it too and have also inspired a lot of interest from others for next year.

This is my little video of the day. Hope you like.

Yaz

I found your video of your work colleagues inspiring. I am very new to cycling and of the maturer years and think if they can do a long ride like that then I can. I just need to push myself a bit harder to increase my mileage and improve my stamina.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I found your video of your work colleagues inspiring. I am very new to cycling and of the maturer years and think if they can do a long ride like that then I can. I just need to push myself a bit harder to increase my mileage and improve my stamina.
Yaz - you've got the Ribble Valley almost on your doorstep! Take the quiet road from Padiham through Huntroyde and Read to the Old Roman Road round to Spring Wood (avoiding the busy A671), nip down to Whalley and head off through Great Mitton towards Waddington - there is plenty of super cycling round there!

If you haven't discovered it yet (it doesn't seem to be well signposted) the new Padiham Greenway from Station Road to Rose Grove is a fine traffic-free cycle route.

padiham-greenway.jpg

PS - less of the 'maturer years' comments - you are the same age as me! ;)

Top Bottom