Mancunian Commuter Challenge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
John the Monkey said:
http://www.gmcc.org.uk/main/?p=135

Commuter challenge organised by the Greater Manchester Cycling Campaign - would you be surprised by who won it...?

LOL The car more than twice the time

I don't really see the point in these challenges. I think most people know that commuting by bike is quicker in urban areas and another angle maybe useful to get people to switch to bike (if that's the intention of the challenge) Maybe more people would see it as beneficial if there was more of a focus on the health benefits or financial savings.

I took up cycle commuting to get fit but I'm also seeing the financial benefits as well. Canceled gym membership and saving on petrol as well.

Maybe I'm reading to much into this and should just laugh at people stuck in cars and on sweaty buses.;):biggrin:

Priscilla Parsley

andylaw79 said:
I don't really see the point in these challenges. I think most people know that commuting by bike is quicker in urban areas and another angle maybe useful to get people to switch to bike (if that's the intention of the challenge) Maybe more people would see it as beneficial if there was more of a focus on the health benefits or financial savings.

I took up cycle commuting to get fit but I'm also seeing the financial benefits as well. Canceled gym membership and saving on petrol as well.

actually I dont think that most people do realise how quick it is, i think its a great promotion and we need more of it,

Top Bottom