Mark Beaumont

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kennykool

Hi folks,

Just found out that i have won a competition to take part in a traing ride with 39 other folks and Mark Beaumont (round the world cyclist) this Saturday starting in Pitlochry.

It will be a 40 mile cycle taking in part of the Etape Caledonia Route and in particular Schehallion!!!!!!!!

Just wondered if anyone out there in Cycle Chat land was one of the other lucky folks? Always nice to meet fellow "forummers" (can that be a new word please?) :biggrin:

Cathryn

Legendary Member
How did it go? Mark Beaumont is a star!

OP
OP
kennykool

kennykool

It was fantastic. Good to meet and chat with Mr Beaumont in a small group. Must be tough for him - I heard him telling the same story 5 or six times that day to different folks. But hey that is what being a star entails.

He is about to embark on another exhibition trek in May from Alaska to the southern tip of South America...15,000 miles. Thats only 3,000 miles shy of the round the world trek.

He will be filming it all again and his adventures will be on the BBC once again. Real nice guy we spoke for a bit as he is from the same area as me - Dundee and now lives close to my office in Edinburgh.

The ride was at a good pace and Schehallion killed me once again!!!!! Weather was pretty rough for bits and the wind picked up at the top of the climb.....I am now suffering from MAN FLU as a result ha ha

Another surprise rider was Dermot Mernaghan (news reader and Braodcaster) Cycled beside him for a bit and chatted before he took off into the distance up Schehallion ha ha. he is taking part in the Etape Caledonia in May too!

Alves

There are some pictures in today's Courier but I can't see them on their website, you may have to see the hard copy.

OP
OP
kennykool

kennykool

The Courier pic only gets the top of my head and head band in. The best pic (of me ha ha) was in the Press and Journal.

My mates thought i should be in def Leppard with what I was wearing :smile:

kennykool said:
It was fantastic. Good to meet and chat with Mr Beaumont in a small group. Must be tough for him - I heard him telling the same story 5 or six times that day to different folks. But hey that is what being a star entails.

He is about to embark on another exhibition trek in May from Alaska to the southern tip of South America...15,000 miles. Thats only 3,000 miles shy of the round the world trek.

He will be filming it all again and his adventures will be on the BBC once again. Real nice guy we spoke for a bit as he is from the same area as me - Dundee and now lives close to my office in Edinburgh.

The ride was at a good pace and Schehallion killed me once again!!!!! Weather was pretty rough for bits and the wind picked up at the top of the climb.....I am now suffering from MAN FLU as a result ha ha

Another surprise rider was Dermot Mernaghan (news reader and Braodcaster) Cycled beside him for a bit and chatted before he took off into the distance up Schehallion ha ha. he is taking part in the Etape Caledonia in May too!
Ah so thats what he's working on in recent talk at the botanics he said he was working on something but didn't want to reveal.

OP
OP
kennykool

kennykool

HLaB said:
Ah so thats what he's working on in recent talk at the botanics he said he was working on something but didn't want to reveal.

Yeah I went to see him at Dundee Uni probably the same talk.

Top Bottom