Mavic Ksyrium S Clincher Road Wheelset

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gunk

Guru
I’ve used them without rim tape

Big John

Guru
Every day you learn something new! I've built loads of wheels but never a tubeless one so when I read 'no spoke holes' I thought how can that be? It has spoke holes but not in a conventional way but what a faff to get a spoke nipple in place. I'll remember in future that if I'm asked to build a tubeless wheel to run a mile. Some of our threads are a revelation 👍

T4tomo

Legendary Member
if using inner tubes, its sensible to have some sort of rim tape or strip of insulation tape in there, to guard against any sharp, rough bits e.g where bits of metal are joined, that could compromise your tube.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Every day you learn something new! I've built loads of wheels but never a tubeless one so when I read 'no spoke holes' I thought how can that be? It has spoke holes but not in a conventional way but what a faff to get a spoke nipple in place. I'll remember in future that if I'm asked to build a tubeless wheel to run a mile. Some of our threads are a revelation 👍

Depends on the rim, many tubeless still have spoke holes to enable building. It's the OEM stuff that often doesn't.

Top Bottom