May interest some - Help for heroes Cardiff to London

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Looks interesting but the thing which always puts me off such events is the 'minimum' requirement needed to be raised. They also do not clearly state what happens if you do not raise this amount. Are you required to sign a contract when entering stating that you will personally be responsible for making up any short fall? - Such things are common place in long distance running events.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
You also pay a fair bit to the private company running the event for the privilege of taking part.

Taking their Edinburgh to London ride as an example.

It costs £190, to be fair the support looks comprehensive.

But there was just as much support on the London Edinburgh London (LEL) audax which cost, if I recall, £175.

In other words, the Help for Heroes ride is more than twice the price of LEL.

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/get...cling/edinburgh-to-london/how-we-support-you/

OP
OP
ScotiaLass

ScotiaLass

Guru
You also pay a fair bit to the private company running the event for the privilege of taking part.

Taking their Edinburgh to London ride as an example.

It costs £190, to be fair the support looks comprehensive.

But there was just as much support on the London Edinburgh London (LEL) audax which cost, if I recall, £175.

In other words, the Help for Heroes ride is more than twice the price of LEL.

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/get...cling/edinburgh-to-london/how-we-support-you/
I suppose if you're looking for a worthy cause to support and can afford to, it's okay.
Just posted as it may be of interest to some - my daughter and her husband are both in the Army as were my dad and husband :smile:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I suppose if you're looking for a worthy cause to support and can afford to, it's okay.
Just posted as it may be of interest to some - my daughter and her husband are both in the Army as were my dad and husband :smile:

Agreed.

Help for Heroes is one of the (shamefully few) charities I occasionally support.

Top Bottom