Menchov

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I stopped watching the Vuelta after Menchov whopped everyone on the 4th or 5th stage without apparently raising his pulse rate. Decidedly fishy IMHO.
If I was juiced I think I'd make it look like it was hard work, at least, with a bit of heavy breathing. I hope he wasn't, of course, but the recent past has made cynics of us all.

Stwutter

I thought the same. Having said that, the Vuelta's gone that way - do well on one stage, and that's that. It's not like he had to break his back to keep gold for the rest of the race.

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
You're right, the organisers clearly got the drama stages wrong as the race was effectively over after stage 4/5 but the manner of his climbing was disturbing. He had to hold back even to gift the stage to Piepoli.

Stwutter

Well, you could be right. I'm tempted to just agree, but I'm desparately trying to give him the benefit of the doubt! I would say tho', in the current climate I'd have fancied him being caught, if he was a naughty boy...

fuzzy29

He's the first winner of a grand tour for several years that has not been mentioned in a drugs investigation. Sure, with any winner there is suspicion, but I feel that Menchov is one of the most deserving winners for a long time.

Top Bottom