Metcheck

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PK99

Legendary Member
not sure if this is the right sub forum but.....

anyone any idea what is up with Metcheck, the details sections all seem to give:

"Data Temporarily Unavailable"

johnnyh

Veteran
been like that for a week or more, darned annoying cause it was the most accurate forecast I have found.

They have said a few times (on the general forecast on their home page) that they have been working to fix a problem. Obviously they haven't got to the bottom of it yet. Must be a major problem to be down for so long.

OP
OP
P

PK99

Legendary Member
johnnyh said:
been like that for a week or more, darned annoying cause it was the most accurate forecast I have found.

I've always found it astonishingly accurate - good enough to make general plans several days in advance and on the day how many layers/waterproofs etc.

I keep looking out the window but I can't see any 'Data Temporarily Unavailable' anywhere. I think metcheck weather forecasts are pretty inaccurate these days

Globalti

Legendary Member
Metcheck is a couple of blokes with a laptop who go boarding all winter so maybe they've just naffed off somewhere and forgotten to leave a note?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Rigid Raider said:
Metcheck is a couple of blokes with a laptop who go boarding all winter so maybe they've just naffed off somewhere and forgotten to leave a note?
I know somebody who met one of them on a skiing trip a few years back. Apparently they were making about £300 a week just from the Google ads on the forecast page.

Crankarm

Guru
Perhaps the pressure got to them ........

IGMC

Personally I use these people which give a pretty accurate forecast using air base locations.

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/GB/forecast

Wind
Temp
Weather
Pressure
Visibility

All in top left on tabs

And..........
Obervations
Forecast
Overview
Animation

Along the top tabs.

I like it they very rarely get it wrong.

Top Bottom