Meter Day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Ended up having to use a web based form as SP's website was clunking. Happy to say we're continuing to cut down electric use and despite using the heating in the last week or so, the joint fuel bill is less than £130 for September. It's usually around £180. Blooming overpaid by £200 this month - now about £550 in credit.

markemark

Über Member
If you were to deliberately inflate your readings that would mean you would potentially pay the lower amount for the yet-to-be-used gas. However, that would be fraud.

Slick

Guru
Mine should be fun, I went read mine and it has broken. I wonder how they will feel when I tell them I've been living in South Africa the past 3 months. :whistle:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I got a reminder email a week or so ago to do mine (Shell) and did it pronto. I may try to do it again ...

93 minutes now ! Just looked ! :crazy:

I think I waited 30ish minutes. The number kept dropping for me and though when I did get in it gave me some errors but I was able to submit readings.

D

Deleted member 26715

Mine should be fun, I went read mine and it has broken. I wonder how they will feel when I tell them I've been living in South Africa the past 3 months. :whistle:
They won't care if they are anything like NPower, my son was in a rented house on a prepay meter, he moved out & 2 years later they sent him a bill for £640, they claimed that when the meter was changed that there was evidence that it had been tampered with & as such he had benefitted from the tampering & they had re-rated his usage to that of an average house.

They would never reveal what the tampering was, how they knew it was before my son moved in, I spend hours on the phone, writing emails & letters but they just wasn't interested (my son had moved to New Zealand by this time). They handed it over to several debt agencies, who couldn't provide the answers, in the end I told them to take him/us to court.

In fact now thinking about it, it has become statute barred in May this year.

Slick

Guru
They won't care if they are anything like NPower, my son was in a rented house on a prepay meter, he moved out & 2 years later they sent him a bill for £640, they claimed that when the meter was changed that there was evidence that it had been tampered with & as such he had benefitted from the tampering & they had re-rated his usage to that of an average house.

They would never reveal what the tampering was, how they knew it was before my son moved in, I spend hours on the phone, writing emails & letters but they just wasn't interested (my son had moved to New Zealand by this time). They handed it over to several debt agencies, who couldn't provide the answers, in the end I told them to take him/us to court.

In fact now thinking about it, it has become statute barred in May this year.

Obviously I wouldn't like it to fo as far as that, but I've learned enough about small claims to know they can't prove what we have used and what we haven't. I may slip them a few quid if I do my own estimate. :okay:

Top Bottom