Mickle's got a brand new bag (chapter the first)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Special Edition Cyclorama messenger bag by Seagull

From the Cyclorama blog,

by Mick Allan

Professional cycle messengers the world over use Courier bags for a bunch of good reasons. The cheap and nasty, sweaty vinyl ‘newspaper boy’ bags which were pressed into service twenty and more years ago have evolved into practical, waterproof and durable bags which are comfortable to wear all day long. A messenger bag allows you to get off the bike and in to a building in one bound. Panniers might have a greater capacity and make the bike do the work of carrying the load, but they are a faff to get on and off, don’t come with shoulder straps so you have to actually carry the darned things. Messenger bags are hands free. The other alternative – ruck-sacs/back-packs – have two straps which obliges the user to remove the whole bag to get in it. Messenger bags can be slipped around from back to chest under the shoulder. Lots of companies make them now and they are available in a mind boggling range of sizes, colours and levels of quality.

I had my own go at designing a messenger bag nearly twenty years ago. Unhappy with the short-comings of the available bags it was based broadly on the then market leader (Fellow anoraks with long memories will remember the arrival of Timbuktu bags on these shores C.1990) but (hopefully) advanced the waterproofness and on-the-fly strap adjustment to another level. I sold a few and I kept one for myself, but beyond that I never took the big step to turn it into a business. My personal McAllan bag lasted fourteen years of almost every day use. And it looked very tatty towards the end! So when the sad day came to replace it I set very high standards for its replacement.

In the search for the perfect bag I stumbled across Seagull bags from Columbus Ohio. There are lots of good bags out there but I don’t think many come close to Seagull’s levels of excellence. But it’s not just about quality, Seagull bags are completely customisable from an enormous range of colours and special features. You can even spec the colour of the stitching. But that’s not all. They can also adorn their messenger bags in the graphics of your choice.

IMG_01811-1024x768.jpg

My new Cyclorama bag got held up for weeks in UK customs (and even though I’m not able to ride my bikes at the moment!) I’ve been desperate to get my hands on it since the day I discovered Seagull’s excellent bag configurator. Anyway, it’s here now. First impressions? It’s everything I hoped it would be. You’ll have to wait until I’m back in the saddle to find out if it’s as practical as it is good looking.

Beyond their presence on the product pages of Cyclorama.net there is no financial arrangement, we don’t make any money on sales of this bag. We just thought you might like to buy it. The Cyclorama Seagull bag, along with all their other products, is available directly from them via their excellent website.

Just tell them we sent you.
Mick

OP
OP
mickle

mickle

innit
[QUOTE 1885351, member: 45"]Cost?[/quote]
I have no idea.

Top Bottom