Mikes Warwickshire 100

• Thread starter Deleted member 1258
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

Sunday 11th March starting from Kenilworth Rugby Club in Glasshouse Lane Kenilworth, entry £5 with all that going to Myton Hospice, enter on the day or pick up a form from the organisers Mike Vaughan Cycles in Kenilworth. This is the second year of this event, I did it last year and had a great day, there were 130 of us out last year and we raised £771 for Myton Hospice, they want to try to put that figure over the £1000 mark this year.

http://mikevaughancycles.co.uk/info/warwickshire100.php

https://www.facebook.com/Warwickshire100

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Sounds good, but unfortunately I can't make it. I won't be down again until May or June and I'm hoping to make that a weekend when totallyfixed is doing another Rutland forum ride.

PS I was born at home in Knowle Hill, at the other end of Glasshouse Lane!

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 1258

Sounds good, but unfortunately I can't make it. I won't be down again until May or June and I'm hoping to make that a weekend when totallyfixed is doing another Rutland forum ride.

PS I was born at home in Knowle Hill, at the other end of Glasshouse Lane!

I worked for several years at IMI Norgren at the bottom of Common Lane, in those days I was a regular customer at Mike Vaughan Cycles and Mike Vaughan senior was a regular on the Cov Road Club veterans ride the same as I was, I've lost contact with him now though.

MrB1obby

ooh, I would like to do this, however I think I could be doing my first audax on the 10th March. So having that the day after would be a bit much for the legs :surrender:

Although, there's a chance I won't be doing that so I could turn up on the day :bicycle:

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 1258

Unfortunately I'm not able to ride this one, emergency surgery on Monday just gone, I'm off work and off the bike for a fortnight and wont be fit enough to ride the event. Low Flow Priapism, it will take a fortnight for the bruising and swelling to go down.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 1258

Yikes - sounds unpleasant, Dave! :ohmy:

Good luck with the surgery!

I've edited that now, the surgery was Monday last, I'm holed up in the house going stir crazy waiting for it all to settle down, too tender to move around much.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Oh, right - well, you survived then! :whistle:

Would you like a cycling book to read to keep you occupied? I'm about to go to the P.O. to send one to Fokker, and I have a copy of The Escape Artist by Matt Seaton which I have just finished. If you'd like to read it, PM me your address ASAP and I'll send it to you! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 1258

Oh, right - well, you survived then! :whistle:

Would you like a cycling book to read to keep you occupied? I'm about to go to the P.O. to send one to Fokker, and I have a copy of The Escape Artist by Matt Seaton which I have just finished. If you'd like to read it, PM me your address ASAP and I'll send it to you! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the offer Colin but I'll pass on the book.

Top Bottom