Miles, Weight, kCals & Time

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BinBag

I started cycling on 3rd July 2009 and by this Sunday (2nd July 2011) I will have cycled 6,106 miles, lost 3st 8lbs in weight and burned approx 277,000 calories - I've been keeping record! :smile:

That's an avg of 8.3 miles per day!

What are your stats from when you started cycling - any stats!

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I started cycling to work on 4th Jan 2011 as a New Years resolution. (I have never managed to keep a resolution but this one has stuck!

In just under 6 months I have:
cycled 1672 miles
lost 8kg
saved £621 on train fares (but I spent £500 on a bike plus extra for kit, so I am about evens at the moment)

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Nice going.

Been cycling 25 years, but had a few lean years due to work. Got back commuting in 2007, and lost about 12kg's within 6 months and have stayed about that weight (which was my race weight in late 20's). No other stats other than I do about 6000 miles a year.

kevdkev77

Hi all, I've recently started cycling again. Converted from mtb to road. Month one I managed 30 miles in a month and now, three months on I'm doing 20-30 miles every other day. I average around 800-1000 cals per ride and have dropped a waist size in the three months since starting. Only problem Ive got now is severe numbness so getting a bit concerned about the distances. Might not be right for me. Good idea to track total stats in a year though I will do the same. Any good tips for the numbness problem?

OP
OP
BinBag

BinBag

Hi all, I've recently started cycling again. Converted from mtb to road. Month one I managed 30 miles in a month and now, three months on I'm doing 20-30 miles every other day. I average around 800-1000 cals per ride and have dropped a waist size in the three months since starting. Only problem Ive got now is severe numbness so getting a bit concerned about the distances. Might not be right for me. Good idea to track total stats in a year though I will do the same. Any good tips for the numbness problem?

The only way I've solved it so far is to get out of the saddle on long rides, or take a break. I tend to get it really early on the saddle then it tails off.

Another problem of losing the weight is buying more clothes, both for the bike and generally!

Effing love it though!!

OP
OP
BinBag

BinBag

I started cycling to work on 4th Jan 2011 as a New Years resolution. (I have never managed to keep a resolution but this one has stuck!

In just under 6 months I have:
cycled 1672 miles
lost 8kg
saved £621 on train fares (but I spent £500 on a bike plus extra for kit, so I am about evens at the moment)

I also compare my average petrol saving against bike spending (excl bike) and I'm just over on the bike front. Probably because I bought that Turbo ready for this winter!!

Good work though - the saving on petrol/train fares is an added bonus though isn't it.......makes you wonder why everyone isn't cycling!

italiafirenze

World's Greatest Spy
I also compare my average petrol saving against bike spending (excl bike) and I'm just over on the bike front. Probably because I bought that Turbo ready for this winter!!

Good work though - the saving on petrol/train fares is an added bonus though isn't it.......makes you wonder why everyone isn't cycling!

I've spent three times more on cycling in the last two years than I did on my car.

Top Bottom