Minor Day Races Thread 2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Couch

Über Member
On Sunday there was the Tro-Bro Leon in Bretagne, France.

They showed images of this race on Belgian tv... can't understand why Sven Nys or Niels Albert don't participate in this race :eek:
It basically looked like cyclocross on the property of some local peasants. :biggrin:
I guess the organiser hopes this to be the one-day Giro/Vuelta versus the Paris Roubaix Tour de France.

Anyway, Adrien Petit won it in a sprint against Flavien Dassonville.

And on Monday Sam Bennet (NetApp) won the sprint in Rund um Koln against Markus and Ciolek.
Pretty sure there's a WorldTour team waiting for him next year.

raindog

er.....
OK, not a one day race but the Four Days of Dunkirk starts today
http://www.procyclinglive.com/livestream/

EDIT
great winning sprint from Arnaud Démare who gets a 10 second time bonus
some cobbles tomorrow, apparently ^_^

Last edited:
Yes I've been watching, good to see mud and cobbles again, it been ages since we had a wet Paris Roubaix.
Top marks to Chavanel giving it a go, also to Top Sport Vlaanderen, on these minor races they seem to be in the break every day.
Hoping that Sam Bennett will get a stage win soon.

Gardening Note : they don't go much for flower beds around Orchies do they ? In the aerial shots all you could see in every garden was grass and hedges with the odd tree

Last edited:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Superb break by Andersen and Chavanel with SC taking the sprint by a nose. And what a nose!
Déamare just keeps the jersey

What a great finish to the stage, very enjoyable

U

User169

Not a day race, but the Royal Smilde Olympia's Tour (2.2 level) passed behind my office today. Earlier the race had been caught at a level crossing, so the bunch was together with 5km to go, except for one of the Azerbaijani team who'd dropped off the back, but was getting a good tow from a team car. Wim Stroetinga (of the Koga team) won the sprint taking his second stage of the tour.

image.jpg

Top Bottom