Mobile phone update

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Update

In Medway, Kent, police caught 38 drivers using mobiles at one roundabout. One driver was caught TWICE, morning and evening, at the same roundabout. The action continues today. Each driver was given a FPN, with 3 points on their licence and the maximum fine.

Husband of a friend of mine runs the marketing for the police, so I get regular updates.

good - ignorant motons:angry:

difficult to believe that any body is so stupid as to get caught twice in same day at same r'abt. Speeding twice in same day I can almost understand but using a phone ?????

barq

John Ponting said:
difficult to believe that any body is so stupid as to get caught twice in same day at same r'abt. Speeding twice in same day I can almost understand but using a phone ?????

One more day like that and they'll be banned. :tongue:

I do sometimes wonder if there are driving offences that are just so stupid the driver shouldn't be allowed out again! Same with those folks who keep blindly following their GPS units and driving off harbour walls and suchlike.

OP
OP
T
barq said:
One more day like that and they'll be banned. :smile:

I do sometimes wonder if there are driving offences that are just so stupid the driver shouldn't be allowed out again! Same with those folks who keep blindly following their GPS units and driving off harbour walls and suchlike.

Apparently, he kept saying "But I've already BEEN stopped today!"

Keith Oates

Janner
The more that get caught the better, it's on of the things where many people don't realise the danger in what they are doing. Wish the police would get tough on them out here as well as it seems even more prevalent than in the UK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maz

Guru
Twenty Inch said:
Update

In Medway, Kent, police caught 38 drivers using mobiles at one roundabout.
I reckon it was the same nutter driver they saw each time - he circled the RAB 38 times.:smile:

Whether they have mobile phones or not some of them just didn't have a clue in that downpour last night.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Twenty Inch said:
Apparently, he kept saying "But I've already BEEN stopped today!"

Seriously? That's hilarious!

Well, it would be, if the moron wasn't still in charge of a car...

I was once spoken to, by a copper in a van, when I was in my 20's for riding over a pedestrian crossing as the light went from amber to red (this was back when I just used my bike to get to work, before I really got into cycling as a way of life). I was so terrified by it, I never did it again. And all he did was say at the next junction when he came up beside me "Next time, stop at the red light". And yet here's someone on whom authority seems to have have no impact, and he's had points and a fine and everything!

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
I think the Police should confiscate the phones of such offenders and then charge them to get it back instead of a fixed penalty notice.

Then of course if people say it is a work phone the Police can contact and take the matter up with their employers too, a sort of name & shame game?

T x

Top Bottom