Moggie

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Saddle bum

Über Member
SWMBO has gone away with her mates for a few days. So, without adult supervision, I roasted a nice piece of beef, Our cat (named Mog and of advanced years) had been given a piece which saved my arm from being chewed off as a hint. I was relaxing with a glass of "medicine", Mog was sitting in anticipation of more, when..........

He takes off at about Mach 2, letting out the domestic cat version of a roar. I turned to see a fox disappearing out of the patio doors. Mog latched onto Charlie's hind quarters giving it what for. He lets go and stands there, half way up the lawn, while the fox clears the back fence.

Mog is fast approaching 20 years of age. We treat every day we keep him as a bonus. He gets treats and is doted on because of his age. I now think he's a fraud if he can take on a fully grown fox.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Crikey you don't live near me do you. Yesterday evening i was pottering in the back room and heard an almighty animal wail, looked out the window to see Charlie hurtling out of my neighbours garden and hoofing it up the road.

A neighbour who rides with the local hunt was looking on greedily.

OP
OP
Saddle bum

Saddle bum

Über Member
Mog is the best cat ever. Docile and soft, except when his territory is encroached. He goes to sleep with his belly being rubbed.

We spoil him rotten - but that's what cats are for.

Charlie did not get the beef, it was in the oven away fro the attentions of Mog!

My understanding is that a fox will not normally take on a cat, they fear for their eyes. Any cat turns into a ball of spit and claws when peed off.

Top Bottom