Monaco Grand Prix

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Pig

Is it just me or is this the only F1 race that's exiting to watch? Should be more town/city races.

Come on Button, you can do it.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
I do like Monaco, but I'm not as fond of it since they meddled with the habour bit.

Anyway I think it might be quite exciting as they seem to be having big tyre problems.

Keith Oates

Janner
Monaco is good but for me I like to see a track where there are more chances to overtake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
Mr Pig

Mr Pig

You get an idea of the speed and movement at Monaco, it's the close proximity of the walls and barriers. Ok, they might not be able to overtake very easily but you're just waiting for them to hit a wall!

Dayvo

just passin' through
I walked around the entire track on a summer holiday in 1981. (NOT whilst the race was on :biggrin:).

Even at walking pace it was very exciting.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Dayvo said:
I walked around the entire track on a summer holiday in 1981. (NOT whilst the race was on :biggrin:).

Even at walking pace it was very exciting.

I drove it in a white 1300 Austin Maestro...

TVC

With those orange coloured planes going to Nice for £30 and then a half hour bus trip to Monaco, I've promised Mrs C a visit there next year. Lunch at La Rascasse look pretty reasonable too for the location and the history. I did check the price for grandstand tickets on race day - so we won't be going then.

Dayvo

just passin' through
The Velvet Curtain said:
I did check the price for grandstand tickets on race day - so we won't be going then.

:ohmy:

My walk 28 years ago was free! We were camping near St. Tropez.

How much were the grandstand tickets? :biggrin:

It IS lovely walk, I was there, on a shoestring, in 1987, but not race weekend, and tented at Menton, a short train ride away.

The tunnel is quite a surprise, the road surface was pretty crap then!;)

Top Bottom