Money belts, pouches etc

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dodgy

Does anyone use these to augment the limited storage capacity of their cycling clothing? I tend to always ride light and only have my 3 rear shirt pockets to carry bits and pieces like money or keys etc. But I've been thinking that one of these pouches you hang around your neck would be ideal for Autumn / winter for keeping your money handy for cafe stops etc. Some of them are waterproof so good for keeping your phone in, too.

http://www.webtogs.co.uk/Money_Belts_Pouches/

Anyone use one? Drawbacks?

OP
OP
D

dodgy

OP
OP
D

dodgy

Only problem with those ones is that they're not designed to be worn next to the skin, the ones I linked to are (apparently) comfortable next to the skin.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
I remember reading ... somewhere :eek: .... of the dangers of having keys, phone etc in a back pocket: if you come off, they make a nasty mess of your back :sad: :biggrin:, so I carry my stuff (keys, cash, spare tub, bars etc) in a seat bag - a (largish Lidl) one :smile:. I use the pockets for soft items like rain jacket, arm warmers, sandwiches/rolls :smile:, tissues (aka snot-rags :sad:). lip balm ;) etc.

For those items, wouldn't a slightly larger saddlebag do, or is it easy access you want?

Edit: Ignore me, I reread the 1st post, always helps. Sweating is the only thing I can think of which would be a reason not to use one.

OP
OP
D

dodgy

Yep sweating could be a problem I guess. But in autumn/winter it would be worn over a base layer. The best solution for me is cycling tops with 'napolean' pockets at the chest, they're perfect for mobile phones and money. Quick access at the cafe stop, no messing about, that's pretty much what I'm trying to achieve for when I'm wearing gear without the napolean pockets.

wafflycat

I tend to use a rack pack or a bar bag to carry bits & pieces in. Easily carried with me when off the bike, much less hassle on the bike than on me when cycling.

OP
OP
D

dodgy

I ended up getting a little ironman top tube bag, sits behind the stem, perfect for energy blocks and the like.

OP
OP
D

dodgy

Back from the Lakes now, I used the Iron Man top tupe bag for Clif Shot Bloks and to keep my phone in. Worked great, it will be a regular feature on future 100 mile rides I think.

Top Bottom