More brilliant service

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DTD

Veteran
Booked the old singlespeed (Globe Roll 1) into Edinburgh Cycle Co-op Manchester.
Got a couple of photos in their new catalogue so they sent me £60 worth of vouchers, so the full-stripped down service was only going to cost me £29.

Got a call this morning – "Your wheels are disintegrating, never seen it before, how old is the bike?"

Now I've had it 18 odd months, and it's been hammered since it was new. New set of similar quality would be about £170.
Bugger! Almost worth getting that 2010 Langster for £399 instead.

10 minutes later, they call back and say we'll do it under the warranty for nothing.

Thank you once again, EBC. Think I'll go and buy a pair of mud guards for the Cannondale and a winter jacket from them as it's 15% off weekend.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Not the cheapest on branded goods, but they're very good are EBC.

Goes to show how employees who have stake in the business tend to provide a far superior customer experience.

Hicky

Guru
I've only had one experiance with them, went in to look at the Croix der fer(had my sirius with me) got chatting with a shop assistant.
After a while he basically said unless I'm really taken with the bike it isnt much different than what I've got and for alot more money(he did outline the differances in the bike and pointed out the pros and cons)....parting gambit......... "if it was my money I wouldnt".
Still sorted out a test ride dispite me not having the correct documents needed(did leave id and work keys) after a quick chat with the manager.
Honest and knocked back a possible sale impressed.

Top Bottom