More questions about cycle computers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DJ

Formerly known as djtheglove
Hi all, I felt the need to log my miles or at least find out exactly how far my route is to work, so I borrowed my sons cycle computer from his bike (yes I did ask him) and have set it up and it works . It is a cateye one.

However the problem I have is that on the size chart for that model or any cateye model they do not have a setting for my size wheels! 700x26C
so I worked out what the setting should be by splitting the difference between the setting for 25C and 28C as a fraction if you know what I meen?

However I am not entirely sure this was the correct thing to do!

Maybe I should have just put it to the 25C setting ? Or does it make any difference any way as I thought the 700 was the size of the wheel any way.?

Would be glad of any suggestions!
Thanks

jasper

Line your valve up with a mark on the floor, get on your bike and cycle for one revolution. Measure the distance and input it manually.

02GF74

Über Member
^^^ wot he said. I use some insulation tape over the tyre then push bike whilts sitting on it next to a tape measure.

sitting on it give more accurate measure as the tyre deforms under the weuight, it is probably a couple percent at most so hardly matters.

Top Bottom