Morrisons Volcanic Vindaloo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

midlife

Guru
Not a full on man v food jobby then?

maxresdefault.jpg

MarkF

Guru
Fuss over nowt, it's Morrison's own brand, so it'll taste off cardboard, quorn & cat litter.

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
[QUOTE 4994674, member: 259"]You wouldn't get CTM at an authentic "Indian" restaurant either though. I like the UK equiv of Indian food though.[/QUOTE]
True that. Chicken Tikka Masala is as British as Roast Beef. Apparently King Alfred burnt some Chicken Tikka Masala and got scolded by his landlady. That's how far back it goes.....I know, it must be bedtime.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
If you want real spice go to an Authentic indian restaurant. Just don't ask me to go with you. Even Chicken Tikka Masala is too spicy for me.
And if you're past spice and just want maximum ringburn, these are the fellers to put a spring in yer step:

hab.jpg

I read somewhere that Scotch Bonnet are even hotter, but TBH I find that very hard to imagine.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
If you think that's bad, I suggest you don't try a Carolina Reaper or a Dragon's Breath Chili Pepper...
I wouldn't say bad. Dangerous, perhaps...

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Carolina Reaper
"It has been described as having a fruity taste, with the initial bite being sweet and then immediately turning to "molten lava"." :laugh:

(It is apparently a cross-breed of Bhut jolokia + red habanero - the fellers I posted above.)

Jody

Stubborn git
If you think that's bad, I suggest you don't try a Carolina Reaper .

Grew some last year. Very hot indeed! Although a very different burn which was more like someone nailing your tongue to a board rather than heat that resonates round your mouth.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Supermarket mainstream "hot stuff" is usually disappointing for the real hot food lover. You sometimes get some good stuff from the "ethnic" food aisle, but they are catering to the UK public who traditionally are not prepared for actual foreign dishes. I remember having a crab salad in Thailand, which was a popular snack to have at lunch, and it was twice as hot as a Patak's curry paste from a jar in the UK.

Top Bottom